Monday, June 25, 2007

News!

Ok, it is now 6:45 and it is official- I am an English course for new architecture and design students at this university. I am guessing I got this assignment because of my experience teaching graduate students. Yay! This is the only course where the students actually go to this school- real international graduate students. The other courses are for visitors of all types.

I feel so much better. I don't know what level these students are... but I am guessing they are about the same as my usual students. Tomorrow I will learn a lot more... and meet my partner teacher (I have my own class, but a few days a week we do some joint activities). I am excited!

My contract also just came in the mail for my other job (TMH just got home). Assistantship, I should say. You know, the one that pays my tuition ... and I got a raise. So there you have it. 15 minutes and two confirmed jobs!

1 comment:

Ms. Bizarro said...

Hooray! I'm sure once you get into teaching your class, a lot of your anxieties will disappear because you'll remember why you love teaching, and that you ARE a great teacher.

Sorry about the mean boss. Some of what you described yesterday reminds me an awful lot of my experience from a couple years ago. But you will be fine - more than fine - you'll be terrific!