Monday, June 25, 2007

Waiting...

So, as I mentioned yesterday, we are supposed to get our teaching assignments today, so we can lead orientation for that level tomorrow, so we can start teaching them on Wednesday. What does today mean, do you think? It is now nearly 6 pm and I still haven't heard a peep. We were told not to call and bother them... that they would tell us as soon as they could. Hmm. I understand that we all need to go with the flow, but this is getting a little bit ridiculous.

Needless to say it's not doing much for my anxiety. I have been trying to figure out why this experience has me unusually nervous. I have been teaching for nearly 5 years, I have reason to believe I am a good teacher, I am an intelligent graduate student, but somehow this program is making me feel like that's not good enough. I don't really get it... and I know others don't either. It's pretty absurd, really. Maybe it's just the nature of the school and the boss... it's supposed to be the best of the best. I forget that I have already been part of the best of the best.

Right now I know there is nothing I can do... might as well enjoy my time, and deal with what comes when it comes. I worked all morning and part of the afternoon on my other project for my "real" job (permanent, I mean)- that will be somewhat ongoing this summer, so I was happy to have some time today to do it. It's also good to know that those were billable hours. I figured I would get news about my class around 3 or 4, so I could start planning. No such luck.

But, I worked, went running, cleaned the apartment and generally made an effort to make the most of the day. Now if they would just tell me what I have to do tomorrow, I would be fine!

No comments: