So, an update. Progress! It seems that I have indeed gotten myself a big job. BIG. Exciting. Scary and intimidating. Maybe challenging is a good word? But definitely exciting!
I am not a real believer in fate, but this seems pretty close. I had a last-minute interview, received an unexpected offer from another school, I found myself in a position to bargain for a new, much better job, AND it just so happens that it starts next week and ends exactly the week before classes start here again. In short, it is doable, and completely fell into my lap! On top of all that, it pays very well (much better than my other prospects) and I get to live with TMH for 8 weeks. Yippee!
The shock has started to wear off now, and I am making arrangements to leave on Tuesday. Orientation for the job starts on Thursday. TMH was really funny when I told him I had to bring 8 weeks of stuff with me. He said, "no, you have to bring 2 weeks of stuff with you and do laundry." Ha! Of course I didn't mean that I was bringing 56 outfits with me- just that there are a fair number of things I might need over the course of the summer. He said he was going to make some room. He seems excited. I will try to pack sparingly.
I am feeling a little daunted, to be honest. I haven't had a new and challenging work experience in a while, so this will be good for me. The director of the program sent me a 30 page instructor guide, and 2 full pages with links to readings I have to do before Thursday. Oh. You mean I actually have to work for my job? I was so busy trying to get one that I hadn't really thought about that part. I have been teaching the same cycle of classes (3) for 3 years now- needless to say I don't spend much time preparing for class anymore. It will be good to do something else- I am approaching it as a great learning experience... and an opportunity to make valuable contacts!
So, yay! In other news, my dad left this morning. It was great to have him here. I apologized for being a little stressed/distracted while he was here, but on the other hand it was good that he was here to go through it with me, and see my plans finally resolved. He was really excited for me. Despite our fun, I have been sleeping on my futon for the past 3 nights, and I am looking forward to sleeping in my bed!
4 more days here to get everything straight and hang out.... should be good.
More updates soon.... the bed is calling.
1 comment:
Yay for movement! I am so excited for you. I hope some of this positive direction movement rubs off on me!
Post a Comment