Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Time

I just wanted to write a quick update post. So much seems to be going on... I don't feel like I have enough time, but really that's ridiculous. I think partly I just haven't had any PMP time and I am disoriented by the unusual amount of activity going on in my life at the moment.

So, first, I had a great weekend with TMH. It was really nice all around. Yay!

The interview on Friday went amazingly well. WELL- she basically said she wanted to hire me in the interview, though of course it wasn't that easy. Then, I got a job offer today from the original university that rescinded their first offer due to low enrollment. (This job doesn't pay so well but would be fun- the schedule is good- and would definitely be nice on the CV). So then, I had to call the new university (Friday's interview) and let them know that I had another offer and where were they with their hiring decisions/process. Bear in mind that for the unconfirmed program I would have to be there NEXT week. (This job pays phenomenally and would be even better on the CV, though it's much more time-intensive, and of course is not an official offer). Those of you who know me know that I am not so quick on the adjustment thing... next week is soon for me to relocate to TMH's apartment, given everything else I have going on and the logistics (the whole cat-car thing again, among other things...just details for those of you who don't get hung up on stuff like that). It's really just a week, and I CAN do it, which is lucky (I keep telling myself how great it is that I can do things at the drop of a hat- one of the benefits of my current lifestyle) and it would be worth it. Of course I just don't want to be in a position where I have to turn down one offer without the assurance of another. The jobs don't even compare, though. The new one, while not official, would be unbelievable. So of course it would be good if they could confirm with me before I have to answer my official offer. Let's see if I can be so lucky.

Hopefully some of that made sense. Two jobs- both good. One way better than the other- unconfirmed. The other, confirmed. Got it? Tomorrow should be telling.

In other news, my dad is visiting, which is probably one reason I feel like I have no time. I got back from visiting TMH and my dad arrived shortly thereafter. He happened to go to grad school here as well and we had dinner with his old roommate. Really pretty weird... people who finished this school more than 30 years ago. I got to see old pictures of my dad from their wedding. He was the best man.

Anyway, instead of my usual routine of organizing when I get home, and getting settled, both mentally and physically, I have been entertaining my dad, pondering/discussing my pressing summer job issue, and now sleeping on a futon. So things are a little unsettled at the moment.... but it's all good. It seems like it's always feast or famine. I'm lonely and nothing is going on.... or I have too much at one time.

Tomorrow should be telling. I expect some movement on my summer job situation, I will work in the morning (Yes, I still have work. Luckily the people I am working for should understand if I have to pick up for a big job next week... another good thing about being mostly on my own. I really won't feel so bad since my advisor doesn't even respond to emails) and then hopefully just hang out in the evening. I told my dad I need to chill and do laundry and things like that... he seems to get it. Of course getting taken out to dinner is always nice.
Ok, it's really time for bed at this point.

No comments: