An UPdate:
1. I opened my cards this morning for Valentine's Day and nearly cried. Even though my loved ones are mostly far away, I feel very lucky and loved.
2. My class went well this morning. I have a really nice group of students this semester. I think they appreciated the fact that I brought them conversation hearts. They really must think Americans are so ridiculous with their traditions, but I feel some burden to enlighten them (in a fun way, of course). Plus, conversations hearts are English, right? Almost.
3. When I went back to my desk after meeting with students, my computer was back! YAY. It was miraculously restored! They caution that I still may need to look for a more long-term solution (and my boss seemed to indicate they would get me a new system). I feel such a huge sense of relief.
4. I did NOT go to the staff meeting today. FREEDOM.
5. I left work today knowing I do not have to go back until Monday. I finally have some time to concentrate on my own stuff. Again, I say, FREEDOM.
6. I DID go to the dentist to pick up my mouth guard. So far so good. As far as I can tell, I got the same product for less than half the price I was quoted at my dad's. That's ok, my car issues a few weeks ago cost twice as much as I expected, so it all evens out. Costing less is always better, though. I am excited about my mouth guard. I know, I know, I am a nerd.
7. I went running. The sun was out, and it was at least 20 degrees, so I had to celebrate the occasion. I had to make sure not to step in the wrong place (ice) but it was good. That helped me feel even more back in balance.
8. I caught up with a couple of friends on the phone, and made food for the weekend so that there's something around for TMH and me to eat.
So yeah, I am getting my groove back. Now hopefully I will be able to focus and move forward with my own work. I have noticed I have been blogging a lot this week. I think I must really need to process. Hey, that's what blogs are good for, right?
Again, happy Valentine's day, everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment