Monday, February 11, 2008

3 Degrees?!!

Fahrenheit, mind you. (That's -16 C!)

It was a typical Monday morning. I dragged myself out of bed, poured the coffee with bleary eyes (having a timer on the coffee pot is invaluable, I tell you), tried to see whether I could still get any news on Good Morning America (and as I expected I have to wait until 8:00 am).

[As an aside, Diane Sawyer and a doctor were talking about an alarming study about the danger of diet drinks. I am glad I don't drink them- I always felt that there was something not quite right about them, they are NOT a healthy alternative to regular soda. Apparently they send mixed-messages to your brain and your metabolism... and increase your risks of all kinds of diseases. Stop drinking them, everyone! Diane looked pretty concerned about how she would get through her day without them. I fear a couple of my friends will have a similar reaction. All you Diet Coke fiends.. try to break the habit. I used to jokingly call it liquid crack. Maybe I was on to something....]

Then, I made my way over to the computer to see what the internet had to offer this morning (any unwanted work email, anything fun, etc.) when I decided to check the weather. I was thinking it was pretty cold out. Even Gemini was cold- she only goes under the covers when things get really extreme. Despite my suspicion that it was colder than usual, I was unprepared for 3 degrees! That is completely unacceptable.

The weather has really been out of hand. Yesterday I left the house to go running during a brief window of sunshine (Yes, the sun does still exist. It was like seeing an old friend. Little did I know...) Half way through my run (20 minutes later) we had white out conditions- I literally couldn't see more than a few feet in front of me. I managed to make it back home, and then within an hour everything had cleared up again. Crazy.

Ok, it's 8:00 now. Time to watch the brief window of news and get my day on. Wish me luck going outside. Let's try to be optimistic about the week.

No comments: