Thursday, February 7, 2008

Fired Down

"Fire down over there." That's what TMH says sometimes when I get worked up about something. Ok, I've fired down. So on a lighter note, my nickname from TMH has devolved into "pantaloons." It's slightly easier than pantalones, you know, and perhaps a bit more fun if that extra syllable was getting to you. I wore my new ones today and was very excited about them. I even got a few compliments, which hardly ever happens. I don't think anyone would guess that they were from Target (yay again for Target).

I fell on my butt on the ice on my way down the hill, though. I thank my new pantaloons for the fact that I wasn't really hurt, nor were they, though I think I was just lucky. Things are getting pretty precarious around here; it's not the first time this week that I've had issues walking on icy sidewalks. The rain and snow and random precipitation continues, and the sun is never supposed to come out again. Really, the weatherman said so. My advisor joked today that the worst thing about global warming is that this town will just continue to get cloudier.

So, yeah, life continues to be lonely, sometimes dreary and definitely busy, but interesting, at least. I was a little more social this week (got some much-needed E time and some time with school friends). It seems that most of my classmates are in the same boat- this is just a shitty, transitional time. We're just supposed to work and take advantage of our time before the changes come- good plan in theory, but much easier said than done. We all know we have these huge changes coming, many of us are even excited about the changes (who wants to be in school forever?) but no one really knows how things are going to work out yet and there is nothing we really can do about it right now. YET. (And of course the sun not coming out and the never-ending precipitation don't help much).

TMH's life continues to suck. He works and works and works and works and hates it. Poor guy. Hopefully he will get through these projects and get back to a more normal routine. I am REALLY looking forward to him coming to visit next weekend. It seems like it's been so long since I've seen him. Three weeks is rough for us, but he has President's Day off, so that's good for a three day weekend, and we'll get to celebrate next week's holiday together. Yay for holidays in February!

So, it's another Thursday night, and here I am. Fired up and then fired down.

No comments: