Highs:
I finally got to go grocery shopping today. That's a big deal. I now have food in the house, which is a really good feeling. Yay for food!
They were giving away free soft pretzels at the mall today. Again, yay for food. It was yummy, and free!
I found a pair of wool blend, lined pants at Target that fit me perfectly for a whopping $16.00. Yay for new pants. It was definitely the high point of the day. I needed new winter pants and I had been complaining about how all you can find in the stores now is stuff for summer. People up here are not ready for shorts and swimsuits, but they are everywhere. Target came through for me, though. Stores in the Northeast should be on a different schedule.
I went running despite the slush. That's will power, I tell you, and I feel better for it.
I did homework and wrote a paper due Wednesday. I am not usually so ahead of the game. I like the class and it's easier than the other work I have to do, so I did it. And, I had nothing else to do. I suppose I am here to study, so at least I can feel productive.
Lows:
I haven't interacted with any other human today, except for the people at the mall and the grocery store. My mom didn't even have time to talk to me on the phone.
So, yeah, that whole loneliness thing continues. I miss TMH. The friend I was supposed to see tonight cancelled. She is unreliable so I knew she would. That's ok. Maybe it's just my time to feel lame.
The 10-day forecast doesn't predict that the sun will come out AT ALL. It will be a bit warmer, at least for a couple of days, which means rain, before it gets cold again, so the weather generally continues to be dreary. And the groundhog (what's his name, Puschatowny Phil, or something?) saw his shadow so we are in for more winter. That's certainly not a surprise.
I have been watching chick flicks, which I think might be altering my view of reality. I wonder if TMH finds me dazzling, or thinks that I have changed his world. If so, he certainly would never say it. Who talks like that???
In any case, it's getting to be time for bed. Tomorrow is another day, as they say.
Oh, TMH is calling. Now, that's the real high point of the day.
1 comment:
I know what you mean about stores selling the wrong clothes for the season. I am amazed that the stores here sell wool slacks and sweaters in the fall. WHY? The clothes just sit untouched and then wind up on clearance. And why is the Easter stuff out already?!
Post a Comment