Friday, February 1, 2008

Disgustamante

For those of you who were fans of my other word, excitamante, I think you will find this one equally useful and satisfying.

So, what's disgustamante, PMP? Let me tell you.

I woke up this morning at about 5:00 am because something was pounding on my window. Maybe not pounding. Rattling? Hammering urgently. Making a lot of NOISE, in any case. No, it wasn't an intruder. Just ice. ICE. So it iced. And iced. And iced. And sleeted. And then I think it snowed some, and then it rained. And blew. And rained. And gusted. And iced. And blustered. And rained. And froze. It was so much fun- people kept asking useful questions throughout the day, like "is it raining or sleeting?" Hmm, hard to tell.... does it matter? Because whatever it was doing, it was falling on a sheet of ice and mud and slush and such. It was great overhearing bits and pieces of undergraduate commentary in those few times today when I was out in the wind and various forms of precipitation, trying to avoid the big slushy mud puddles, and not to slip on icy patches (walking up the hill, and in between buildings a couple of times) : "this is like, so gross"; "grr, what is this, like what is WRONG with this place?"; "why can't it like, just snow?"; "this is disgusting."

For once, I agree with the word on the street. Actually, I would say it's disgustamante.

2 comments:

Ms. Bizarro said...

Mucho Disgustamante! I wanna move to Florida!

Sunshine Mom said...

Well, yuck! I'm so sorry. Now I feel completely guilty for complaining about how hot it was today. I wish I could send you some warm weather and sunshine in a box!