I turned in my last paper of the semester today! Yay! Now it's time to rejoice and regroup. I celebrated the submission by taking a nap, going for a run, and sorting through my summer clothes. What can I say? At that point, I was ready for some quiet PMP time. I have a feeling more raucous celebrating will go on later in the week, as my classmates finish up their work and TMH comes to visit again.
It was a good semester, and a good first year of coursework. Reflecting on the year, I can see that I have really come a long way. Really. I am actually starting to feel like I know a little bit about what I might be doing. I know that feeling is fleeting...but then comes back... and I am starting to get used to that insecurity that comes with graduate school. As I already mentioned, I had some really positive meetings last week. All signs indicate that I am making progress! Of course they also indicate that I have a long way to go- I am not kidding myself. I am happy about the journey, though.
For the rest of the week I will be at work. I had successfully put it out of my mind for the weekend, but it is about to come back in full-force. I will be doing work stuff mostly full-time for the next 6 days (Not on the weekend, though. Yay for a weekend when TMH is visiting and I don't have work to do!). I guess when I look at it that way I really don't have anything to complain about. (It's way easier than writing papers, after all). I will choose to have a positive attitude about it. It will be fun. I am immune to my co-workers annoying behavior. It is time to get it done and go.
For now, I will also try not to worry that the Good University that "hired" me for the 6 week summer position still hasn't confirmed my contract. Stupid jobs that are dependent on student enrollment are hard on teachers, you know. It is unsettling not to be able to make firm plans. If you have been reading the blog, you probably thought the plans were firm. So did I! We'll see.
In a little more than a week, I will be on my way to the beach for a true chance to regroup. Most of you know how much I love and miss the beach... let's just hope my mind can be free by then. Wait, what am I saying? It won't matter. The beach is always the answer.
No comments:
Post a Comment