Well, it's been another long week. The title of this post is for all of you Office fans. No more Office until September. That's sad, but the season finale was pretty hilarious. I do have to say that Montpelier, VT is NOWHERE near Ithaca, NY. TMH and I had to drive to VT for a wedding last summer. I can say with absolute certainty that VT is FAR away. Andy will clearly do anything he can to work Cornell into the conversation.
It was a good week. I think I am mostly recovered from the semester, though I now have new anxiety about what comes next. TMH was here this weekend, and we had a great time, as usual. It is now time for Sunday's stomach ache, but it is not so bad this week since I don't have pressing work to do and I know we will see each other next weekend. We are going to the Outer Banks for a couple of days, and I can hardly wait. TMH will only be there for a few days, but then I am planning to stay at my mom's for about a week.
On June 5 I will be back here working for my professor. I still have yet to iron out the details of that arrangement. He's pretty vague, but I have every reason to believe that it will work out. I also am still not sure about my teaching job for July. I did finally get an email back from my would-be boss and she said they only need 6 more students to register to fill my section, and that she was optimistic. I will choose to be optimistic as well, then. I also applied for another job on Friday. I have no choice but to try to keep creating options. Hopefully all the ambiquity will be settled soon!
1 comment:
I'm reading a great book that advises us to stay in these uncomfortable places (like ambiguous job searches) with openness, to find the spaciousness rather than shut down and escape with an addition (such as shopping or food or whathaveyou). Very good advice... being in the moment.
Post a Comment