Thursday! And even better, it was my last day of classes. I have officially survived my first year of coursework- just two papers and an exam left. If I look at the rest of my work that way, it seems easy. So, I will look at things that way, just for tonight.
My dad sent me a cartoon a few months ago of a grad student's typical week- starting out with high hopes and then getting to TV night on Thursday and not knowing where the week went. Of course that never happens to me.
Today was a happy day. Lots of sunshine, and an exhuberance in the air all around. My class was in such a good mood this morning- and two of my students even gave me gifts! I really had such a nice class this semester.
And I had my last class with Arrogant Prof (It's so much fun to juxtapose being a teacher with being a student. I am sure my students don't always say nice things about me, especially when my evaluations affect their future funding, but I have to imagine arrogant is not on their list). I do have to somehow get back to that problem statement, though. Without his approval on that meager paragragh one of my papers will not be going anywhere. I still don't know exactly what my problem is. They do say that the hardest to learn is the least complicated. (Points for that reference as well). But for now, I won't worry about it. I will go to bed happy because it's Thursday, I have no more classes, and TMH is coming tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment