Tuesday, May 1, 2007

May Day

It's May Day. In simpler times I would have gotten drunk, wound ribbons around a pole and then raced down a hill with hoops and a bunch of other women. I actually threatened to get out my hoop today, and roll it down the big hill outside my apartment. I don't think anyone would have blinked an eye.

I can't believe it's May. One school year, mostly done. Mostly. Sort of like mostly dead- which is not the same as all dead. Because mostly dead is slighty alive.... (Points for any of you who comment with the correct movie reference. This movie is supposedly one of the first things that attracted TMH originally. I know almost every line of the movie- and he was dully impressed).
I digress. Despite the date, I still had to turn the heat on tonight. I never thought that I would live somewhere where it's normal to need heat in May. Blah!

So, I reviewed my one paragraph problem statement with Arrogant Prof today, who told me it still wasn't a problem so much as a statement. I can't figure out if he needs a question mark, or what. After our initial fumbling, I did manage to get some good advice from him, however. He acknowledged that I am dealing in rich, complex and compelling issues- and slowly but surely I am continuing down a productive path. He even told me he could tell it was a good exercise for me, and to keep doing it. Probably not as good an exercise as running down the hill with my hoop, but I'll keep at it.

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Hi - I am so pleased you are doing this! Can I put a link on my Blog to your Blog?

PMP said...

Of course!

Ms. Bizarro said...

Monty Python's Holy Grail!

PMP said...

Wrong! Keep working on it.

Ms. Bizarro said...

Princess Bride!

I was thinking of "I'm not dead yet!" from Holy Grail and got confuzzled.