So today wasn't the best.
I woke up to a dead phone. Note to self: don't put phone next to water glass in house with cat who loves to play with water. It's drying out now, and was working earlier. It may be a lost cause, or it may turn out OK. We'll see.
I found out that I didn't fill out the right paperwork to get access to the data I need. No one bothered to tell me. I know I have to accept some of the blame, but since this is all new to me you would think my advisor or some other person who is supposed to be helpful could have let me know. You wouldn't believe how many people have looked at this paperwork. And for the past two weeks they've been telling me it's almost ready. And then when they are about to give me the data they realize they can't. THEY CAN'T. And now that I know what's going on and can amend my form appropriately, it will take "at least until the end of next week." All I can say to that is WTF. No wonder universities get a bad rap for their efficiency.
So, facing the prospect of no phone (which is no small thing for a woman who lives alone and had planned to make multiple phone calls this morning) and not good research news, I then got the news that one of the ducklings in my most favorite statue of ALL TIME, site of my engagement to TMH and generally just one of my favorite places ever was stolen. STOLEN. Again I say, WTF. Really? Is that funny? To steal a duckling statue? And the sad thing is that it was found only 4 blocks away. But it doesn't matter. The damage was done. It can't be repaired and the sculptor has to make a new one now, to fill the gaping hole they left behind. So sad and wasteful and ridiculous. What is wrong with people??? Don't they have any appreciation? So yeah, the duckling story pretty much sent me over the already precarious edge. That and the snow. In April. THE SNOW.
In GOOD news, TMH and I officially have an apartment, and "I'm going to love it." I am so glad that we have a nice place, that it's in a good location, that we seem to have managed to find character and convenience at the same time. Then he started talking to me about moving plans and trucks and movers and I became short of breath and told him we'd have to wait a bit to talk about it. It was just too much to add to the day. It's not that I don't want to go... of course I do. It's just a lot. I know I keep saying it's going to be hard to leave this place, but it is. And what if I don't have my data?? I know that much of my life here is temporary anyway... and this is just the natural progression of things. I know. It is good news and all will be well.
And another good thing: How I Met Your Mother may be one of the best shows of all time. Seriously.
1 comment:
You'll get your data. The duckling will be replaced (eventually). You and TMH will sort out moving details. Everything will be fine! BREATHE!
Thanks for coming over last night and bringing the food (I still owe you money - sorry!). I feel a lot better today, thanks to your company and the xtra-spicy Amazing Chicken!
Post a Comment