Just to follow up on my continued obsession with the temperature:
This morning has followed much the same pattern as yesterday morning, except I have to leave the house in 5 minutes (by 8) because I have to teach. When I woke up I dared to think that it might actually be colder than yesterday... and it was. 1 degree. 1. -17 C. The "feels like" temperature is -20.
So, I am a bit scared to go outside. Can you tell I'm really not from around these parts? Even after almost 4 years of living here I haven't gotten over the shock value of this kind of extreme cold. In any case, it's time to get togged up and head up the hill for another day. Wish me luck!
2 comments:
OMG. Why did anyone ever settle in such a climate? Why did the white people commit genocide to get that land? Why would they have established a university there? Your weather is about the only thing that makes me think this England thing ain't that bad. On the bright side, at least you know your weather really will come to an end--you can make it! The weekend is coming and then you can snuggle in and stay warm w/TMH!-Jennie
Thanks, sweetie! Happy Valentine's Day!
Post a Comment