Saturday, September 1, 2007

Settling....

Some say that settling is bad. I guess that's true if the meaning is that you are taking less than what you want. In the case of a grad student, though, settling can be good, because you can't take everything you want and survive.
My schedule is mostly set, and life seems like it will be manageable, and maybe even interesting. In a way I do wish I could take 5 classes, but I know I can't. I still don't understand why everything I need falls in the same semester, but OH WELL. I have to settle. As I always say to myself, I have to make the best decision I can with the information I have at the moment, and that is what I have done.

TMH is here and so far we've been enjoying our time. It's an absolutely gorgeous day! So, why am I inside, writing on my blog? We were out enjoying for most of the day, but then we needed a nap. TMH apparently needed a longer one than me. That's ok. It's nice to relax a bit. YAY.

Today is my pretend birthday. We are celebrating it tonight because he won't be here next Saturday on the actual day. I am so excited. We are going out to my favorite restaurant.... and I am not sure what else he has planned. YAY (again)! It is also kind of appropriate to celebrate today because it's an important day- a real birthday, and a BIG birthday- for an important person half a world away. So, I am sending a big birthday wish and hugs out to her this evening!

Happy September!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy pretend birthday and thanks for my b'day wishes, I had a great day. I am a bit sad it is all over. Wish you were coming to visit too.