Friday, September 21, 2007

Excitamante

I think I may have mentioned before that TMH and I like to make up words that sound like Spanish, and throw them in to normal conversation randomly. (Making up words is lots of fun- I suggest that everyone try it). I guess sometimes we use real Spanish words (i.e. pantalones- you may recall my pink ones that were popular in the summer). Excitamante is not a real word (in any language, as far as I know) but it is one of my favorites at the moment. I hope it gives you the impression of a more expressive and colorful way to say exciting...

So, there are a few things I am excited about right now:

1. I worked today but now I am home and I did laundry and cleaned the apartment and I get to go to bed early and sleep in and I don't have to go anywhere. I know, I know, what is the world coming to, when it's Friday night and this is number one on my list? I am getting old, I suppose. I just feel like there has been so much going on, and I can't keep up. This week was pretty insane with school and work, I am exhausted, and I wonder how the end of the semester will be if the pre-middle is this bad. Eeek. Wait, I was focusing on the positive. I had a little time today to regroup and do those things that make me sane... and I am happy about it!

2. I got an iPod. This is excitamante on a number of levels. It's really my first one, though I used to have one for work that was under the control of my boss. This one is under my control, and it is shiny and red and beautiful. It is also exciting because all the other music-producing things in my life have broken (CD components in my stereo, among others)... and now I have a nifty cord so I can plug the iPod into my stereo and it plays music again. AND my name is engraved on the back of it. How spoiled am I? This is true luxury in my world. It was a gift from my dad for my birthday (It is actually what I decided to do with his check, which was very decadent and uncharacteristic of me, despite how well I convinced myself and rationalized about how much I need one. As a runner, as a person with an old stereo, as a person who drives and travels all the time... why save the money for statistics textbooks and trips to the dentist when $200 can get you a new Nano?) and TMH got me an armband. I went running today, to try out the new system. It was awesome. In addition to the things listed in #1, a run is the final step in me getting my balance back. Sort of like how Stella got her groove back, only different. (I still have no music in the car, which even a new iPod can't solve. Getting it fixed is on the list for the next time I have a little free time...we'll see how long that takes. The next drive to see TMH might be a good incentive to make the time).

3. I got to hang out with E last night, do some Target shopping and eat some Chinese. Those were actually the first steps in the process of me clearing my head of the insanity of the week, which laid the groundwork for today's activities. It was excellent to spend a little time with her.

4. I have all day tomorrow and Sunday to dedicate to my work. Yes, I am actually excited about this, which I think is a good sign. I need to catch up and be well-prepared for the week ahead, and I think I can do it. An old friend is coming in on Sunday night, for two nights, and a local friend just so happens to be having an autumnal equinox party on Sunday. Good timing, though I hope my friend won't think I am always in the habit of going to parties on Sunday night. She might not believe me when I tell her I am overwhelmed and overworked. I guess it will be more clear on Monday night when she'll have to wait until after I teach to eat dinner.

5. TMH is coming to town next weekend, and we are going to a country wedding (in his hometown nearby, of one of his high school friends). I hope he's not offended that I am calling it a country wedding... but he does know that his town is in the middle of nowhere. I expect the wedding will be the polar opposite of this summer's elaborate wedding spectacle. We will also see his parents on Friday night. I am really looking forward to it.

6. Ok, I am (only a little) embarassed... the new shows all start next week. I am excited. Of course I am annoyed that my two shows are both on at the same time. Of all the nights, and all the times, and all the shows, the two I have to watch are on at the same time. What are the odds? I guess if I retained more of my stats I could calculate the probability. I have a feeling these are not independent events, however, and that the TV people realize that there are lots of viewers out there who will be torn between Greys and the Office on Thursday nights. I bet most of those people have a DVR, though, so why do they bother trying to force a choice? This crisis is making me think I need one, but the iPod probably fills my luxury quota for this year. Ah well... I will simply have to watch one and tape one .... and realize it's just TV. But, but.....

7. I think I'm done. I hope you now have an appreciation of the definition of excitamante in the current world of PMP.

3 comments:

Ms. Bizarro said...

Excitamante! Love it!

Hey, you CAN use your iPod in the car. If you can find one of those tape deck converter thingies that have a mini-phono plug. We might have a 2nd one somewhere; I'll check for you.

PMP said...

Alas (and of course), the problem in the car is more serious. Something is loose in the dash, so the radio won't even turn on, hence no sound at all....
I do have one of those nifty tape deck things, for when the larger issue is fixed, thanks!

Salty Miss Jill said...

My Fridays are the same-tidying, eating in, watching the tube. And I love every minute of it.