Saturday, September 8, 2007

Birthday it up...

So, it was a good night. Thanks to everyone who helped make it a good night. It was a stressful week so I needed it. I really needed it!

I was able to get people together... almost all the people I know here, actually. People from work, people from school, people connected to people from work, people connected to me for other reasons... it was nice to feel like I have a bit of a community. Just a bit of one...

Of course it was sad that TMH wasn't here. I had to take pictures instead of him- I realized all the helpful things he does without me even asking- but that's ok. In a way it's good to know I can do it on my own. I have always been pretty independent, despite how it may seem. I also find myself feeling a bit sad now that it's over. I guess that's normal. BUT the important thing is that I feel successful. I have managed to make a place for myself here, and I have people here who care about me. That's a real accomplishment.

I best get to bed now, since my mom is coming bright and early tomorrow morning. Good night, friends!

1 comment:

Ms. Bizarro said...

I'm glad we could all help you celebrate! You are much loved and appreciated - you surely do have a community here! Happy Birthday, again!