Friday, July 20, 2007

TGIF

Teaching students what this means is always a high point. They love it. I guess because of the restaurant. They always say, "aaaaaaaaah" like "I get it now." Plus, today they were all as glad it was Friday as I was.

Today sucked... like I predicted. You might say it was my fault, since I knew the past two days would be bad. They were. The good news is that the week is done. I survived the long meeting... I think the crazy director might even like me. She has visited most of my colleagues classes, but not mine. I was so hoping to get that over with. My difficult students are not getting any less difficult, but at least I have them organized for next week. And, not that I am counting, but today is the official half-way point.

After the long meeting I went for a drink with the other teachers. Out of all of them, none of them are really friend material... but it was fun to have drinks. I talked to two older, married men, who tried to tell me what I should do with my life. They were both trying to finish PhDs with wives and kids at home, and seemed jealous of my relative freedom. Neither of them seemed to realize that I might have something to contribute to the conversation, but that's ok. Men know everything, you know. On the bright side, it was good to think about school again. You never know when connections might be helpful, even with crazy people.

TMH is out of town. He's probably boozing it up with all his old friends right now. I don't know what to say about that. I guess I'm a little jealous. I have the place to myself this weekend, and I have plans to see an old friend. I realized I only have a couple more weekends here. When you look at a month in terms of weekends, it becomes really short. Oh well... I am tired of lamenting time, lack of time, etc. I have to get over the fact that the timing of this job sucks, and it will suck when I have to leave. It is a non-negotiable... so why does it consistently cause anxiety? (I looked back and realized that I have been upset about this for at least a month). It just is. In TMH's world, things that are, are. I wish things could be so simple for me.

Oh well, now is not the time for me to worry about all these things. I think now is the time for me to sleep, actually. Here's to the end of a long week... and positive thoughts for the week to come!

No comments: