Monday, July 30, 2007

Observed...

Well, Monday is done. Another teacher pointed out that we only have 2 Mondays left.
It was raining to beat the band this morning, so the students were decided soggy and subdued, but overall is was a better day than I anticipated. I will continue to keep positive thoughts for the week. Things are going pretty well... my partner teacher and I have to work on our communication a little more, but overall things are good.

Almost all of the other teachers have been observed... which I think I have mentioned is an event that inspires great stress and fear. She has yet to come to my class, and I had almost put it out of my mind. But, this afternoon in the workshop (that I lead with my partner teacher) I turned around at one point and the director was there. She was like a ghost... neither of us had even realized that she had come in. When I noticed her the students were working in groups. I was monitoring/talking to a couple of groups and the other teacher was with the other groups. It's a pretty standard format for this type of class, so hopefully our crazy observer won't find too much fault with us. It makes me wonder whether she will come to my class soon. One of the other teachers told me that she came to her very LAST class. Can you imagine? What's the point of doing that? Anyway... I'll just do my best and try not to pass out when/if she walks in my room.

Guess what? I get paid tomorrow- FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 6 WEEKS. Needless to say I am excited about that...

No comments: