Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Now if only we had a wheelbarrow, that would be something

In a way, writing a dissertation is much like storming the castle. People keep putting roadblocks in my way, and I have to figure out a way around them. I am currently navigating my way around them. Mostly.

I got stuck for a while, and realized (duh) that wasn't doing me any good. I have to at least keep trying to move forward. So now, Thanksgiving has passed, and I have a renewed energy to storm through this project. Renewed energy mixed with panic that there are really only 3 weeks left until I leave for the semester. And that I am really unclear about what will be happening next semester. But I have (almost) 3 weeks to work all that out. Unfortunately a wheelbarrow really won't help me. If only it were that easy...

Thanksgiving was a nice holiday. First off, TMH and I celebrated our three-year dating anniversary. It hit me that I am joining TMH's family. He's joining mine too, of course, but Thanksgiving was a time to think about his. I got to bond a bit with his mother and sister, and I was touched by their excitement about the wedding. Little B, TMH's niece, is cuter than ever. I have to admit that I am very excited to be an aunt. They are already calling me Aunt PMP. That makes me happy. TMH's brother is excited to be the best man in the wedding. So everyone is happy.

It was really tough sending TMH home on Sunday. I have to get back to storming the castle, because we can't live like this for much longer! We're on our third year of distance, and I'm told that married people like to live together. I have to get this done.

1 comment:

Ms. Bizarro said...

You WILL get it done! I know you will!