Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Signed, sealed, delivered

I was back at work today, where my decision became all the more real. The new director and assistant director have now been named, so there is no point in thinking about it anymore. It's funny to think that a week ago I didn't even know about this opportunity, and now it's closed again. One of those things...

I do think that I made the right choice for myself, and it's all the more real now that I am planning for next semester. I think the people taking over at least have the program's best interests in mind, and I hope I can be instrumental through the transition. It's time to move on.

To make the day all the more entertaining, but also to underline how much I am a part of this place, my coworkers and fellow Office fans had a surprise ready for me when I got in this morning. I still haven't recovered from the shock. Every single item on my desk and in my office had been gift wrapped. The name plate on my cubby wall, my chair, my phone, my stapler, the trash can. EVERYTHING. Office fans will understand, though I think it was more a labor of love than a prank. They really must appreciate me. The funny thing is that day to day, you would never expect something like this from them, which makes it all the more touching! Or maybe I'm just Dwight. First the jello, and now this...

No comments: