Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Get into the groove...

I'm doing it. I'm getting into the groove.

Part of my groove is still getting up at 6:00 a.m., which is amazing for me, a long-time lover of sleep. What can I say? Summer school makes you an early bird. I love how long the day is after that. The only problem is that the night is really short.

I'm also getting into the groove of teaching. I have some really great students this summer. They are so smart and creative, and laid back, and fun. There is still time for some problem children to surface, but I think I am mostly in the clear for nightmare students (You may remember the thorn in my side last summer. Knock on wood, though. I don't want to jinx myself). So far, so good. I am no longer running around like a crazy person, much of the pandemonium has subsided, and though I am still quite busy, I have a little time to think about my research, my life in general, and of course, to hang out with TMH. Yay for time.

I am loving that on Tuesdays I don't really have to teach, I just get to sit in on the classes and lectures the students attend, monitor their English, and give them feedback. It's nice, I have to say. I am learning at the same time that they are, which is really a great model. Tomorrow I will be back to more responsibility, but I can tell that Tuesdays will provide a nice respite. I am also loving that we have Friday off!

Oh, the party! TMH and I had such a nice time at his parents' anniversary party. We were successful at keeping it a surprise- they were really shocked! It turned out so well. The food was great, people had a good time, and everyone praised TMH and his siblings for their effort. I was happy to be a part of it. Another big highlight was meeting TMH's niece. She is such a cute, happy, social baby. I had a lot of fun hanging out with her. It looks like his sister will be moving back to the East coast so I hope that means we'll get to see more of them.

I better get back to work. I just wanted to share my current groove; it's nice to be feeling so optimistic. I'll try to keep it going...

No comments: