Wednesday, November 28, 2007

P.antalones M.ucho P.ink

So, the week is crazy. It's just that time of year- I have too much to do and not enough time. All of the things I have to do are difficult, and as you may have noticed, I don't always react well when things are difficult. In addition to work, I feel like I have a lot to blog about, but not a lot of energy (or time, really). But, that's not exciting. All of my statistics struggles are making me punchy, so let me share a couple of exciting things for now, to tide you over until I can go into more detail about the important things that make me tired. I'm sure you can hardly wait.

Things that made my day:

1. My boss gave me a pair of silver glittery strappy open-toed pumps. I know, not what you were expecting, right? I had to teach her class for her on Monday at the crack of dawn because she was out of town, and when she got back today she said she had a regalito for me (she likes to use Spanish too). I had told her about my event on Saturday (big fancy party with TMH) and she apparently found these shoes when she was out of town. She's a shoe diva, so she's always coming in with shoes she found on super sale, $3 shoes, etc. I am sure she didn't spend much on these, but that's not the point. It was just so unexpected! She presented them to me after I had three difficult final evaluation meetings with students (with crying, the whole nine yards...the absolute HARDEST part of my job for me. Remember, my final evals are high stakes- they determine students' funding options, etc. Stressful). Needless to say, it was just what I needed. I don't know that I will wear them to the fancy event (and she didn't expect me to, they are just for fun), but you never know. Silver shoes are in right now, they are super fun...and as she said, I can always wear them for Halloween. How many people out there can say that their bosses have ever given them a pair of silver glittery strappy open-toed pumps? Awesome.

2. TMH sent me an email with the subject line "pantalones" and he called me P.antalones M.ucho P.ink. (I told him a few days ago that I had gotten out my pink winter pants, which apparently rekindled my summer nickname). He said that he couldn't go in order (pink pantalones) because he couldn't think of any other "m" words in Spanish, besides margarita, which doesn't fit. Obviously. Actually, to be technical, in Spanish the adjective usually comes second anyway... so he shouldn't be too concerned.

The rest of the day was full and difficult... but tomorrow is my last day of classes (for the semester), I am going out of town for the fancy event this weekend (and I get to see TMH AND my good friend), and somehow everything else will fall into place. It always does, right?

3 comments:

Sunshine Mom said...

I am so sorry that your final evals were so difficult. That stinks. But, I am sure you are still
P.rofesor M.as P.opular :)

Ms. Bizarro said...

Yay for silver glittery strappy shoes!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I have never received anything like that from a boss. It is our work Xmas party tonight - we are getting in early. It should be fun. There is a new guy at my work that I have a little crush on! I'm hoping I can talk to him and get to know him out of work. I will keep you posted.