Sunday, August 26, 2007

Dots

What do you think? Is it me???? I think it's more me than the other one, though it might get old quickly. Stay tuned...

In other news, it turned out to be a great weekend. Despite some friends' inability to confirm plans- everything turned out well, maybe even better than had been planned. The best part of the weekend was all the E time I got. She made me a yummy dinner yesterday and we got to catch up, and then today we treated ourselves to bagels and coffee and a walk/shopping adventure around downtown. (I bought a fun top that I think TMH will approve of- he is always saying that I need more revealing stuff. As you know there is a fine line between revealing/flattering and trashy. E and I agreed that this top works). E and I always have fun and we were both doing our best to enjoy our last weekend of "freedom." I feel much more settled now- we both are getting back in sorts after the summer. Yay for E time- and good friends!

A work friend invited me for dinner tonight, so that will be nice too. I think that people might be feeling a bit sorry for me since I am on my own again. That's ok- people who want to feed me are always welcome :) She and her boyfriend did the distance thing for several years so she knows what it's like. We'll see if she becomes a better friend this year. She seems much more comfortable now that she has one year at my crazy workplace under her belt.

Yesterday I also went running for the first time since my illness, and I was pleased that I could still do it. The congestion seems to be hanging around, but it's not too debilitating, so that's the important thing.

I am getting a little nervous about the week ahead, but there's nothing to do but do it!

3 comments:

Salty Miss Jill said...

My guy and I did the long-distance thing for a while...let me know if you ever want to commisserate. :)

I am looking forward to meeting you sometime in the near future!

Ms. Bizarro said...

That's my cool new neighbor-friend, in case you're wondering!

I like the dots - definitely more PMP than green and blue (heh, now that I know the history of green and blue).

Today was really great. This whole weekend has been great. Thanks to PMP and Salty Miss Jill!

Anonymous said...

I also like the dots. Wish you were coming to Australia with Ken.