Sunday, April 29, 2007

A New Blog

So, it's Sunday night and there are only 2 weeks left of the semester. I have SO much to do, but as per usual I am in denial/procrastination mode. So, what do I decide to do??? Create a Blog. Hmmm.

I have been threatening to do this for a while. My cousin has one- a good friend has one- and another friend with a new baby has one.
My cousin's I can understand. She lives in Australia and is not worried about people stalking her.
My good friend is anonymous on her's- and plus, she's a writer.

The other one is about a baby. Of course we all want to see the baby grow up- and this way she can avoid sending all of us email all the time to keep us up to date. It's much more efficient, really.
But do people really want to read about what I might be thinking about?

I decided I would do it, though, because I like to write about things. Good thing I am getting my Ph.D. Do you think I will actually be able to finish it? You might think the odds aren't so good, given the obvious presence of denial/procrastination mode and now the new blogging project.

I am reading a book right now called Julie and Julia (yes, I read things other than academic articles, another red flag. Grad students are not supposed to do such things)- about a woman who created a blog and challenged herself to cook all the recipes in Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I am not that crazy, and I don't cook. How about mastering the art of feeding yourself every night?? I do want to finish my Ph.D., though. So maybe... see if you want to accompany me as I navigate the complexities of graduate student life. Hey, I am almost done with my first year of coursework....

1 comment:

Ms. Bizarro said...

Excellent start, PMP! Welcome to the blogosphere!