Legendary awesomeness, of course. As you can see, How I Met Your Mother is still my favorite show, for one. It makes me happy on a Monday night. TMH likes it too, even though he likes to make fun of how much I like it.
He was also amused by how much I enjoyed the Oscars this year. Somehow they make me cry every time. I was particularly excited for Sandra. I do love her. I love Jeff Bridges, too. It was my first year not having girls over to watch with me in quite some time... but it wasn't good timing and in the end I was glad I could just sit here and cry for Sandy in my PJs.
Sunday I came back from a short weekend visit to my former home. I met my advisor and make some more progress. It was a good visit...great to be back and see friends and such things. I still have my work cut out for me, but I think I might be getting closer and things might be getting clearer. If this were easy, everyone would do it, right?
So, I am still writing and still teaching (my students this semester are awesome!) and still trying to do all the things I set out to do this year, of course. Busy, busy.
This weekend I am headed down to visit my mom and my cat. I hope to see that she is doing well; she sounds good on the phone but I never really know until I see the house. After the initial concern when she cracked her hip, her condition has improved and now she seems to feel less urgency to get out of the house. My mom has always done things in her own time. I need to take a big patience pill before I head down there. All I can do is make suggestions, right? I am looking forward to spending some time with her, and with Gemi, of course. Ninja cat, as a friend lovingly dubbed her, has been living it up with Mum in her over-sized house so we've definitely noticed a void (and a calmness, I must admit) in the apartment.
I also have a big conference presentation coming up towards the end of the month, so I am getting excited about that. Talking about my work is so much fun. Just being back with my grad school friends on the weekend made me realize how much I just need to talk through what I am doing. It is so helpful. This conference is a big deal, because I am presenting my work, organizing a social event for our professional group, AND potentially seeing what other employment opportunities may exist for me. Big times.
So, you see March isn't dull! The days are getting longer, and the weather is starting to show a hint of spring, which also makes me want to throw away everything in my closet. I have to control myself! Bring on the spring.
1 comment:
Yes, bring on the spring!! Bangity Bang! :)
Post a Comment