Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ahoy, matey!


In my mid-exam delirium, I remembered that today (well, September 19, really; I can't believe it's already after midnight) is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Why? Just because it's fun. What a great concept. Saying "arrrrgh!" can be quite satifying, especially for someone in the middle of her exams. And you know, all pirates really say is "arrrgh." If you want to learn a few more words, check this out:
So, yeah, I'm at the midpoint: 3 weeks in, 3 weeks to go. I am more than halfway through my second question, which is right on target. Things have been a bit tough, especially this week (hence the predicted drop off in blogging) but all in all I am still feeling pretty proud of myself. I can do this! Today I finally managed to schedule the official oral exam date (where I will be grilled on all of this writing I am doing now). Getting three faculty in a room together at the same time is quite a challenge: like herding cats, some say. So, for the record, it will be Monday, October 20, from 10:00-12:00. So the countdown can really begin.
Somewhere in the middle of all of my stress, TMH and I managed to find a place and set a date for our wedding! The last weekend in September, 2009.... so excited! Stay tuned for more fun details.
There is so much more to report (re. wedding plans, annoying students, extended birthday excitement), but alas, I am exhausted. Want to hear some of the voices in my head?
-Avast, smartly, me lass... finish that A-exam.
-Aye aye!


1 comment:

Ms. Bizarro said...

Your car is a dirty land lubber!! ARrrrrr!

We will connect soon, I promise.