Thursday, June 19, 2008

Getting to yes

Guess what?!

I got to yes. He said YES. YAY! I am so pleased. Not only did he say my work would be of great interest to them, he offered to help me identify particularly receptive departments and introduce me. He said that I would get much better cooperation that way (as opposed to cold calling). He wants to help me do my work! The meeting couldn't have gone better, really.
I was honestly shocked. Maybe it's good that my contact there told me I had no chance... so I was super-prepared and expecting the worst.... and met with the absolute opposite result. Amazing!

Never mind the fact that this guy is powerful and has a job I would love to have in the future. If I can develop a good relationship with him, he will be a great resource/reference.

Thanks for your support and advice and such. It really means a lot to me. This is the beginning of an exciting new chapter, I can feel it. Triumph!

2 comments:

Ms. Bizarro said...

This is so fabulous! I wish I could celebrate with you! It's an event worthy of a BIG bottle of wine, cheese and crackers, and lighting the red lamp on the patio. We'll do it all when you return.

I'm so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Well done PMP - very proud of you - you are destined for great things! How dare DP say my blog is not as good as yours! He secrectly loves my Blog.I am having a very quiet weekend - getting organised. I am off to Perth next week - I have 2 weeks off work - can't wait. Bye. MEP.