Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Under an umbrella?

Just to give you a sense of how pathetic I am feeling....

The thing I seem to be most concerned about right now is that my umbrella is missing. Before I go any further I have to point out that TMH likes to make fun of me for the way I pronounce this word. Anyone want to guess where the stress should be? I don't care... I call it an UMbrella. I asked my mom what she called such things and she said it too.. UMbrella. So there, now I have an explanation. That's what it's called!

I love my UMbrella. I remember exactly when I bought it. My former co-worker and I were at our all-time favorite store (TJ Maxx, of course- though Target is a close second. Ok, maybe Target wins sometimes. Anyway...) and we were looking for umbrellas. Here in this ridiculous town, known for it's unpredictable (and shitty) weather, an umbrella is pretty important. You never know when you might need one. We were being pretty silly, and looked for umbrellas that would match our outfits, coats, etc. Several ladies poking around the umbrella section at the time were pretty amused by our in-depth analysis of the perfect umbrella. In any case, we did find ones in colors that matched our styles. Mine was perfect: black and white and pink with little flowers. And now it's missing.

I suppose I shouldn't mind so much... I did manage to hang on to it for nearly two years. (My umbrella shopping partner has long since returned to the southwest because she couldn't handle the aforementioned shitty weather). But where did it go? I am convinced that someone took it, either at work, or in class. Where is it?

So you may wonder why I care so much (or you may just think I am crazy and ridiculous-definitely true at the moment). I am not sure. Because I really love my umbrella? Because I hate losing things? Because I have so many scary and important things to worry about, the little things have taken on more importance? Maybe it just means I had a bad day. I really did. I'm so tired, and it is easier to be upset about my umbrella than about everything else. I wish I could find it....

All I can say right now is "blah."

1 comment:

Sunshine Mom said...

I hope you find your umbrella! And I hope you write another post b/c everytime I check your blog I get that song stuck in my head. It's driving me nuts. :) :)